Justice and Correctional Services
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites stakeholders and interested persons to submit written submissions on the Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill.
Comments can be sent to Mr V Ramaano at email@example.com by no later than 16:00 on 9 October 2020.
Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation.
The purpose of the Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill [B19 – 2020] is to:
- Respect the right to privacy of an adult person to possess cannabis plant cultivation material; to cultivate a prescribed quantity of cannabis plants; possess a prescribed quantity of cannabis; and to smoke and consume cannabis;
- Regulate the possession of cannabis plant cultivation material; the cultivation of cannabis plants; the possession of cannabis; and the smoking and consumption of cannabis by an adult person;
- Protect adults and children against the harms of cannabis;
- Provide for the expungement of criminal records of persons convicted of possession or use of cannabis;
- Delete and amend provisions of certain laws; and
- Provide for matters connected therewith.
Enquiries must be directed to Mr V Ramaano at firstname.lastname@example.org or 083 709 8427
Issued by Hon. Mr BG Magwanishe, MP, Chairperson: PC on Justice and Correctional Services