Cannabis Jobs South Africa
Manager, Medical Affairs
Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
Based at our Saltriver, Cape Town office the Manager, Medical Affairs will be responsible developing and maintaining strategic relationship with research groups, hospitals and universities to drive the company’s medical agenda. In this role you will be responsible for providing medical insight, guidance, strategy, medical review, and training as needed to senior management. You will oversee the development and execution of the medical, research and clinical strategies across the region and will be responsible for providing scientific, medical and technical expertise and support for Canopy’s products in Southern Africa and the rest of Africa.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders including hospitals, universities, HCPs and research facilities across the region to expand research, advisory and partnership opportunities.
- Build maintain and network with KOLs to ensure clear understanding of external thinking and ensure the company medical strategy reflects the strategic regional plans
- Participate in KOL planning
- Contribute to strategic medical strategy
- Provide strategic medical input and participate in regional medical and cross-functional activities
- Identify, assessing and recommending clinical trial needs and areas of strength, including providing scientific support for clinical studies design, plans and publications as appropriate
- Provide guidance for researchers and support, design and implement scientific program with experts
- Work closely with Canopy Growth’s Chief Medical Officer to ensure clinical research plans are aligned with Company research initiatives & country regulations.
- Responsible for overall management and oversight of regional clinical trials
- Formulating and communicate key medical insights based on research to inform promotional material
- First point of contact for all scientific exchanges
- Inform and execute a compliant communication strategy in line with business plans
- Act as the scientific spokesperson on all cannabis related items
- Enhance and develop patient access by leveraging the existing frameworks
- Support the Quality Assurance and Sales/Marketing teams to form strategy plans for product registration/licence, including the coordination of product for trials
- Manage the regional pharmacovigilance program including training, implementation, and reporting
- Communicate regional updates with the broader Canopy Growth team, taking full ownership of regional items
- Be an active member of the Clinical Oversight Committee
- Maintain personal expertise in relevant area
- Additional management, leadership and project responsibilities
Experience & Background
- A science degree (advanced preferred) in the fields of life sciences, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine or pharmacy
- Has a track record of effective and influential oral presentations with the healthcare profession
- Knowledge in the field of pain, neurology, oncology and/or palliative medicine an asset
- 8+ years in a leading medical affairs role
- Comfortable and/or familiar with a start-up environment with a flat structure
This is a full-time position based out of Saltriver, Cape Town.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the Cannabis Jobs requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent and any future Cannabis jobs South Africa.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this Cannabis job kindly visit https://www.canopygrowth.com/contact/ category: “International Development” – Subject line: “Manager, Medical Affairs, South Africa”.
Sign up for our newsletter here to stay up to date on the latest news, information and Cannabis job opportunities in South Africa.